Monday, October 20, 2008

January 7, 1985

My girlfriend, Dianne, drove me to my doctor's appointment. Al met us there. This was the first time I was seeing my doctor, Dr. Zelnick, since I found out I was having triplets.

When Kathy, his nurse called me in she couldn't believe it. Then Dr. Zelnick came in and said he was very surprised to find out. Dr. Zelnick said the pregnancy is completely different now since we are dealing with a multiple birth. He said complete bed rest but didn't give a due date. Dr. Zelnick said usually multiple births come premature. He wants me to eat and gain at least 10 more pounds. So far I have gained 19 pounds. Al and I asked a lot of questions, such as, can Al be in the delivery room. Dr. Zelnick said yes. He told us I am going to have a c-section and an epidural. My next appointment is next Monday and next month I am to come in once a week. I told Dr. Zelnick I wanted Dr. Tanis as my pediatrician.

Dianne then took me to my work, Edison Press so I could tell them I have to quit earlier then planned. I picked up my last check and told everyone good bye. It was very nice of Dianne to drive me since I was told not to drive.

When Dianne and I got home there was a boutique of flowers on the doorstep. It is the cutest arrangement. There are three little soft dolls, amongst the flowers. The dolls have three different colored outfits on blue, yellow and pink.

Al and I are waiting till after the birth to ask the people we want to be the Godparents.

No comments: