Tuesday, June 23, 2009

January 28, 1985

This afternoon I had a doctor's appointment. Dianne drove me and we met Al there.

I have gained seven lbs in two weeks, my blood pressure is good. Then, Dr. Zelnick wanted to do another sonogram, that was a surprise. It is just so amazing seeing the babies. Dr. Z. said they are doing good, just a little difference in growth, but are growing good. Dr. Z. measured their heads which ranged from 74-76 mm, we saw their hearts beating. The one on the bottom is the largest and we saw his/her little hand. Then he/she started sucking it's thumb OMG so cute. It was so surreal to know that they are inside me. With the largest baby below and it is down there, that's why I have so much pressure pain. Dr. Zelnick wants to see me every week now. He said this month is really crucial and I must rest completely, because the babies will have a better chance as preemies if I can hold on for another month.

Mom and Dad called this evening, they received our letter so that reminded them of my doctor's appointment today. They wanted to know what the doctor said and how both Al and I are coping with this challenge that is ahead of us. Hopefully in a couple of weeks they might be down here. That will be a relief for Al , with cooking and cleaning.

No comments: